Friday, January 16, 2009

Lucky Numbers, Lucky Day, Lucky Year

Happy Birthday to me!! As a gift to myself ,and with the final go ahead from my husband, I've finally started a blog. Today I will turn 31, a very significant day for me. I've been looking forward to this birthday for some time now. Why? you may ask. Well for the past 15 years my lucky numbers have been 16 and 31. For some reason significant things happen surrounding these numbers. The date of my birth being one of those (Jan. 16).

The number thirty-one started over a boy (as most things do for teenage girls), but most recently became more significant with the birth of my first child (July 31). I notice these numbers everywhere and have truly believed that this year, the year they collide, will be one of my best. The next time they collide will be Tristen's 16th birthday. Dating? Driving? Oh no.

Looking forward to the new year I've decided that my word for the year is OVERCOME. Each month I want to strive to overcome something that's keeping me from progressing. This month it has been worldliness (more on that later). It's to overwhelming to make a list of all the things I want to overcome, so each month I'll choose a new challenge (or stick with worldliness for the entire year). Wouldn't it be great if I could tackle 16 maybe even 31 by 2010?!

Our family continues to grow as we look forward to the birth of our third child in May. It will be three boys for us, and I can't wait. Stay tuned, or don't, this is mostly for my own documentation of what promises to be a great year.

Always,