Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's 3:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. My options are to sit down and eat the delicious pumpkin bars Robert sent for Thanksgiving or blog. What's keeping me up at night?..you might ask. Well, a week ago Wednesday Everett had surgery to remove his tonsils and adenoid. He is still very uncomfortable and wakes up at least once a night. We usually give him pain medicine and he falls right back to sleep, but not tonight. Poor kid. Thanksgiving is not going to be fun for him.

Remember that Brady Bunch episode when Jan (or was it Bobby?) got her tonsils out. She slept in her parents bed, got ice cream delivered on a tray, had tons of friendly visitors, ate more ice cream, slept some more...oh how I wanted my tonsils to act up just so I could do the same. I hate to burst any ones bubble who wished the mismo, but guess what .... sleep is the enemy and ice cream is prohibited. Yeah...I couldn't believe it myself when the doctor said no dairy. So here's what Everett has been living on: