Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Toast

Here's how it happened: Woke up late, fed the boys, bathed the boys, dressed the boys, sat the boys in front of the T.V., ....then showered myself, got dressed, no time for hair and make-up, packed a school bag, loaded the car and made it to Pre-school 5 minutes late..only five minutes..phew. Drove home slowly, talked with Everett about the crazy fisherman who is ice fishing as the lake melts around him, sang some songs, unloaded Everett and returned to the house. Thought it would be a good idea to finish my hair and make-up (I mean start), turned on the blow dryer ...10 minutes later... I smelt the smoke.
Everett decided to make himself some toast, which turned into a game of lets see how many times this will pop back up after I push this lever. The kitchen was filled with smoke and the "toast"... a charred mess.We put the toaster outside, opened all the windows and went for a walk.
When we got to school an hour later to pick up Tristen he took one whiff of us and said, "You stink!"
Yeah, but at least I've got great hair and make-up.