Sunday, April 5, 2009

Project #3: Family



"Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." -The Family: A Proclamation to the World



My sister can take credit (again) for this crafty project. Last year she came up with this idea and I thought it was great. The Proclamation is loaded with so much advice for families, but this sentence in particular means a lot to me. In college I studied Recreation Education and our department displayed this for everyone who entered. A reminder that "Families who play together, stay together". In my own family mom and dad made sure we not only had fun together, but also worked and prayed together. Now that I am a mother I'm trying to teach my own children these simple principles.