Saturday, February 7, 2009

President Obamas Wedding?

I've been trying to teach the boys to recognize the new President of the United States. The other day my 4yr old turned the TV on to a news report on the Inaugural Ball. He runs to the kitchen and screams...

"Mom! You gotta see this, President Barack Obama is getting married!"

I guess he was confused by the long white dress Lady Michelle was wearing. I'm very proud of Tristen for knowing who the President of the United States is. I've tried teaching my 2 1/2 year old how to say the Presidents name and our conversation usually goes like this:

"Who's that Everett?" (pointing to the President)
"I don't Know!"
"It's President Barack Obama. Can you say that? Ba-rack O-ba-ma."
"No. I can't."
"Sure you can...Ba-rack O-ba-ma."
"No!! I won't!"

Future Republican in the making? Who knows. I'm just glad he has an opinion. Here's to a week of finding and stating our own opinions.

Till next time,