Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine

The other day I was listening to Talk of the Nation on NPR. They were discussing the book Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak. It's a compilation of romantic, humorous and heart wrenching love stories told in only six words. Example:

"He sees the me I don't"
"I'm not alone, but so lonely"
"Tried men. Tried women. Like cats."


It got me thinking of my own love story and what I would write.


I thought about meeting Josh:
"She brushed him off. He Persisted"


And where we are now:
"Never thought we'd drive a minivan."

But ultimately rested on...
"I sleep better next to you!"

I challenge you to write your own six word memoir, and leave you with a few more of my favorites.

"Grandpa! Grandpa! Wasn't I single yesterday?"
"Endured my affair with Edward Cullen."
"Grew up together. Still just kids."

Have a loving Valentines Day!!!
http://www.npr.org/blogs/talk/2009/02/february_11th_show_1.html